Pop Up Playground: What is a Pop Up Playground? It’s a one-day, temporary event in which the Bayfield community will have the chance to “dream big” and build your fantasy playground, recreation center, kayak park or other recreational amenity for Bayfield’s future. Your participation will help inform the recommendations in the Town’s Parks, Open Space, Trails and Recreation Master Plan.
See examples here:
- Albuquerque ACE/NMASLA Pop Up Playground timelapse 2015: https://youtu.be/FHlkQ91fHuY
- Albuquerque ACE/NMASLA Pop Up Playground timelapse 2016: https://youtu.be/m7pL4fJgyYE
When: May 20th: 9:30am to 1:30pm
Where: Pine River Library Parking Lot
How can you help? This is a really fun event that depends on the kind of community support Bayfield is known for.
WE NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- Cardboard (boxes and/or sheets), duct tape, pvc pipe, wire spools, paint, paintbrushes, chalk, plexiglass, wooden pallets, nails, screws, zipties, and/or any other scraps/extras you have that could be used to build.
- Tools (rented or lending is great!):
- Battery powered drills, hammers, handsaws, boxcutters
- Volunteers to help man the tool checkout table, the food table, registration table, and to help participants build! Kids of all ages are welcome.
- Monetary or direct donations to provide snacks, drinks, and custom T-shirts
- Storage space for materials and transport to the library on the 20th
All supporters will have the opportunity to show their logo on the event promotional materials and major sponsors will be featured on the t-shirts.
Questions or interested in helping? Contact Amy Bell at email@example.com